Monday, February 1, 2010

Red Potato Green Bean Salad


This is one of my favorite healthy salads that I grew up with. My mother would make me this salad all the time. This is one of my favorite recipes because it has a great source of protein, fiber ,vitamin C , low in sodium, cholesterol and fat.

Ingredients:

1/2 lb. tiny red potatoes unpeeled
1/2 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
2 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
2 1/2 tbsp. wine vinegar
1/4 red chopped red onion
1 tsp oregano
Salt and Black pepper to taste

Preparation:

Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes. Add the green beans after 15 minutes of cooking and continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes until the beans are crisp-tender and the potatoes are done; drain. Quarter the potatoes and add into a large bowl. Then add green beans, vinegar, oregano, red onion and olive oil. Toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment